Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Well this past Memorial Day Weekend, I was looking forward to having a very relaxing 3 day weekend with Shawn. Things didn't really go the way that we planned. I was very stressed from work ( my parents went back eat for the week, and the office was so busy). And than, Shawn got called into work Saturday night. So after he slept most of Sunday, we went to dinner at his parent's house. When we got home Shawn had this brillant idea to work on our backyard because we werre getting sod in a couple days. so we worked on it for alittle. Monday Shawn wanted the wall finshed cause we were getting the grass the next day, so we spent ALL DAY monday woking on the re-taining wall, I'm so happy that we are finshed with that dumb wall. we added it up and it weighs in at 12,550 pounds! and its 4ft tall by 80 ft long. I dont think that sucker is going anywhere.



So the next morning I went to work and Shawn starting layin the sod. I wish that he would have waited for me because it is a very hard job! When I got home he was about a third of the way done. So I took the afternoon off of work and started helping. Alittle later, Ryan, Shawn's brother came to help. I can't believe how much he help, we were dead tired and he gave us so much energy! I'm so happy thats its finally done! we have waited almost a year for this project to be finshed. I can't wait to enjoy it. we are going to have some pretty sweet BBQ's this summer!!! OH YEAH!!!!






1 comment:

Misty said...

Hey I know how you feel, glad it's done! Looks great!