Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our Trip To Twin Lakes

Over the summer us and my parents went in together and bought a camp trailer from one of Shawn's co-workers. Its in pretty nice condition considering its 38 yrs. old. The outside color is a little ghetto, but hey, it has a shower and a working bathroom. We were the first to test it out and it was awesome to get away. We were excited to head to Twin Lakes, which is just outside of Preston, Id. I had never been there, and it had been almost 10 years since Shawn was there last. It took us awhile to find it cause they don't post signs of where to go. After we finally found it we set up camp.





It was so funny, cause Shawn put a 2 gallon water container on our fire paper, and on the way down, the water leaked all over the paper, so we had to let in air out before we could have you fire. What a silly boy!

So after we got all settled in Shawn couldn't wait to get his fishing pole out. I was a little bummed, cause I didn't have a fishing lisence, so I just got to sit back and watch.



So, after about an hour of bad fishing, the water was really low, we decided to start the fire so we could cook dinner.



As we were waiting for the coles in the fire to get just right for our foil dinners, we were hit by a really bad rain storm, killed our fire, it was so bad that we had to wait in the camper for about 20 minutes, but when I opened the door and saw this, I couldn't complain!



The next day, Ryan, Shawn's brother came down and spent the day fishing with Shawn, and again they didn't catch much. Shawn was the only that caught something, but they were just little fish, not worth keeping.





We can't wait to go again, and hopefully next time have a group with us!

No comments: