We left on Monday and it was really nice cause we flew out if pocatello. We made it up to Portland early afternoon and when he were waiting at the baggage claim there were tons & tons people all grouped around a gate, they were clapping, yelling, and being very loud. We thought maybe some troops were home or something. And all of the sudden we hear the grop yelling "BEAT L.A.!!" A few minutes later, I see this really tall guy walking by with 3 bodygards, I guess he's the new Trailblazer Rudy. Who Knew?! Than we met up with Jeremy. He showed us around, took us to his house and we finally met all 7 of their cats! They are very nice kitties!! later that night we met up back up with Jermey & Chandra for dinner and a movie!
Tuesday, we headed to Seattle, I bought tickets to the Mariners/Angels game. Tuesday was our anniversay, so I thought this was the greatest gift I could buy myself. I still don't know how Shawn feels about it. We left early so we could spend the afternoon in Seattle, Shawn had never been there so we wanted to take him around. We went up to the Space Needle and hung out in that area for awhile, we were walking around and saw a really cool fountain that was timed to music. So we set and watched it for awhile, I could watch it for hours.
Than we headed to the game! The field looks so such smaller in real life. We were 14 ROWS from the field on the 1st base line! I had the TIME OF MY LIFE there, Chandra had never been to a game and she love it! She wants to go back next year. It was a really good game, we saw 3 homeruns and the Mariners pulled ahead and won 9-6! which is good cause I guess they were pretty bad this year. During the 7th inning Shawn left, I thought that he was just going to the restroom, but he never came back. I guess the whole day he was feeling like crap and he never said a word cause he didn't want to ruin the day for me! WHAT A SWEET GUY!

Needless to say, Jeremy had to drive home cause we think that Shawn got food poisoning from our Hotel Breakfast! The ride home was not one that I would want to do again!
Wednesday, Jeremy & Chandra took to down town Portland. I just have to say that it kinda freaked me out alittle bit. going from Poky, to a city that has 800,000 people is a culture shock. They took us to Voodoo Donuts, they have any kind of donut that you can thing of, then we went to Powell's Bookstore. This place takes up a whole city block, and claims to be "THE WORLDS BIGGEST BOOKSTORE" It was really cool, we were there only a couple of hours and didn't get to look at everything that we wanted to.
Thursday, Shawn & I just had a day for us to hang out, we went shopping, and then met up with his Brother-inlaw. It was nice just to hang out and do what we wanted. Later that night, Jeremy had alittle get together party for the premire of "The Office" he had a couple of cool friends come over and we had a BBQ. It was a blast, its nice to have a party like that with people that like the same shows as you!
And, Friday we flew home. When we were in Salt Lake waiting to catch our plane to Poky, the whole Royal Salt Lake soccer team was in the airport!
It was a great trip and we can't wait to make it up there again! it is true what people say, once you have been to Portland, you want to move there! :)
1 comment:
Im glad you guys had fun...but Austin said you can't move there, he'd be really sad!
Post a Comment