Monday, September 1, 2008

One More For The Road



The picture above, is a picture of Shawn's accident that happened saturday, August 30,2008. Shawn was on his way to work the Fair saturday and was taking to Old Hiway through Fort Hall like he always does on the bike. He bearly made it out of Chubbuck and was hit going 45MPH. The witnesses said that he flew about 8 feet in the air, landed and rolled a couple times, and got right back up on his feet. They were shocked that he was not seriously injured. The driver of the car got out to see if he was okay, and Shawn could smell the alcohol on his breath. Shawn told him to sit down and asked one of the witnesses to call 911. Then Shawn called me and told me that I needed to get to the scene ASAP, and that he was just hit by a drunk driver. By this point I was freaking out, I didn't know what to expect when I got there. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the bike sitting there on the car. I took me a minute to find Shawn, and he was okay (I still think in a little bit of shock). It was so cool though cause one of the first Officers on the scene got on the radio and reported that it was a fellow officer that was hit, and so many other officers arrived. There were 2 Chubbuck officers, 2 State Troopers, 2 County Deputie's, 3 Search and Rescue, a fire truck, and ambulance. At that moment, I realized that this is ONE BIG FAMILY that we belong to, they don't care what agency you work for, when one is hurt, everyone is there to help out. After things had settled down, we found out that the driver of the car blew nearly three times the legal limit and didn't have a license or insurance. The only injuries that Shawn has is some torn muscles in his upper right thigh (he tore off the gas tank when he flipped off), some scrapes on his right elbow, and a skinned pinky toe. I know for a fact, that Someone was watching over him. We are so thankfull for everyone's prayers.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

I am so glad to hear that Shawn is okay. Man, how scary for you... AND for him. Thank goodness that someone (and we all know who) is looking out for him.

Misty said...

Holy Cow Jessie! I am so glad he is ok, how scary! By the look of the picture he is very lucky!